It is a cute & quirky little building that came in a 14 page PDF....7 pages of which were ads. I don't mind some ads in a free PDF, but when half of the thing is nothing but ads it is a little much. It isn't a big deal unless you don't delete the ads before having the file printed on nice cardstock at a print shop.
I didn't do that....this time, but I have accidentally done it before.
This roughly 6" model has a number of parts spread out over five pages. It seemed quite excessive at first. The reason there are so many parts is because the walls of this hovel are quite thick, consisting of more than just a front and back glued together. There are cutouts for windows and two small doors which can swing open. The fireplace on one end sticks out a bit into the living space and there is a small woodpile that gets glued on to the outside.
I really enjoyed this extra "body" to the model, but I found it a bit difficult to work with. One window is quite tiny, maybe 1/4" square. I just had to glue it into the window frame. On the one hand it was a cool effect, having this tiny widow in the middle of a thick wall....with an actual window frame, but it was a PITA to get everything to fit right.
Overall I liked this model even though it was a bit "fiddly". I sure wouldn't want to be assembling a string of them, but I could see printing up a couple and maybe mounting the pieces to foamcore instead of building it out completely. I think if I used two thicknesses of foamcore, I could put the window in between them. This could shave a lot of time off of assembly and give me a sturdier model. Of course if I did that then I'd need to Photoshop out the light blue bits.