I think this is the best I can do....
Day 30's question is "Best Playing/DMing experience".
Wow....a real toughie here....I've had some great ones:
- Winning a National AD&D tournament (not in this country!)
- Finishing in the top 10 of the European Gencon AD&D Tournament
- My 1st game of HackMaster
- Countless games GMing and/or Organizing for the HackMaster Association
- My 1st game with the Mrs.
- Driving a couple hours out of the way on a business trip to attend a friend's home game (more than once!)
- My 1st TPK (as a GM, of course)
- My 1st game of Call of Cthulhu where I got to sacrifice my PC to ensure mission completion
There are just too many good times to be able to pick out one, so I'm going to cop out and not even try. The thing is, no matter how much fun I've had playing over the decades, I really remember the way-too-long dry periods where I couldn't game. Not to be a downer, but the times I haven't gotten to play really flavor my opinion of playing RPGs in general and consequently I just love to play.
In many ways, my best playing experience in my next playing experience. I always look forward to my next game and I get so amped-up & energized by most any game session. My group plays Sunday evenings and sometimes it is hard for me to sleep after a session.